Friday, April 27, 2012

The Vector Process

     

        It's Friday! Last day of this week.  Just wanted to show how I simple it is to translate a sketch to vectors.  I always use Flash for vectors.  If there are texts involved or any color separation especially in a logo, I switch to Illustrator.  If it's just a drawing, then I'll stay in Flash.


         As you can see, there are some changes that happen during the process.  How I changed the eyebrows and how the nose changed as well.  Those changes are definitely your call.  It is not mandatory that you change anything.  Maybe you like the change or not, it is your decision.  


         I used a mouse for this one.  If you have a tablet, you can use that as well.  For this drawing, I used the line tool so I have better control of my lines.  After that I convert everything to fills and start the process of making the line edges taper off.  I don't know if this makes sense to you, but this is how I do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment